This workshop has been devised to enable pupils to explore the world of language, letters and creativity through an interactive creative writing workshop, facilitated by graduate students and researchers. Pupils will also undertake a typography challenge as they move through our exhibition space.
During this workshop children will:
- hear the stories of the people and places which inspired Seamus Heaney during a tour of our exhibition.
- develop and explore the use of language and imagery to convey and express meaning, feeling and viewpoints
- use varied vocabulary to enhance and emphasis meaning in their writing
Alphabets workshop enables children to:
- explore the use of language and imagery in conveying and evoking a variety of powerful feelings
- explore and respond to others’ emotions as encountered in literature
- develop their knowledge of how language works
Monday-Friday throughout year
£5 per pupil
Out & About Community Transport have suggested favourable rates, especially on Mondays and Fridays, may be available for schools in the Magherafelt District.
Contact 028 79300123 for more information.Book an educational visit
An excellent experience- pitched perfectly which thoroughly engaged and enthused the pupils.
St Patrick’s PS, Mullanaskea
A fabulous day – pupils thoroughly enjoyed the experience- the audio was brilliant
The team were very engaging and supportive to the children. They made learning fun and meaningful. The children gained a lot from this experience
Book an Educational visit to
Seamus Heaney HomePlace
If you would like to arrange a visit to HomePlace for your pupils or if you have questions about visiting, please fill out the form below and a member of our team will be in touch.